Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Patching Setup - My Oracle Support authorization failed

When you receive this message when setup patching on Grid Control 10.2.0.5: "My Oracle Support authorization failed. - Although metalink credentials are correct and successfully validated, an error occurred while downloading a sample patch from the patch url specified. Please check log files for details." then go see the log file on $ORACLE_HOME/sysman/log/emoms.log.
Just see some lines at the end of the file, use tail -n 100 emoms.log.
If you see ORA-14400, then using sqlplus and as sysman, run this on sqlplus:
exec emd_maintenance.analyze_emd_schema(‘SYSMAN’);

6 comments:

Eric v/d Spoel said...

l.s.

Why would this be the solution? I have the same problem and did al the patching that I could think of. But that gave no solution for this problem. On metalink (my oracle support) I found three identical bug discriptions, but no solution was given. Tomorrow I will try your suggested solution, but why should this resolve the problem?

Regards,
Eric

Ora said...

Well the solution is only for ORA-14400 error in log file. After that I still get the error, but the ORA-14400 is gone. I will update if I have the solution.

Eric v/d Spoel said...

Your correct, I didn't have the ora-1440. It seems like I am dealing with a bug. Two other people are dealing with the same issue (see bug id 8799373 and 9008836). Strange thing is that I have a test environment and there I don't have this issue.

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem and fixed it by changing the update url to https on the Patching Setup page.

Ora said...

Setting https on update URL works for me too, thanks!

Eric van der Spoel said...

It can also be a firewall problem. In a test environment I had no problem because the firewall was open the all internet sites. In a production environment I could only connect to updates.oracle.com (Oracle patching) en Linux.oracle.com (Linux patching) and the described messages ocurred! Monitoring the firewall showed that more than just *.oracle.com is needed to connect to. For instance also a .net address is connencted to. So, make sure the OMS can connect to all internet addresses.
A successfull wget to one of the Oracle sites is not enough to do a successfull patching setup.

Eric