Thursday, March 6, 2008

Install Windows 2003 on HP Compaq dx2700

This is out of this blog topic, but I experienced this on my way to install a development instance of Oracle e-business R12 on HP Compaq dx2700.
After copying installation files, Windows 2003 installer will restart the computer. Normally setup will continue in GUI. On dx2700, there will be error because Windows cannot read from hard disk.
I have tried to install Intel ICH8 driver and integrate to Windows 2003 installation according to this source, but no luck.
Then I set my hard disk on BIOS to none. Boot again using Windows 2003 install CD. Windows installation can find my hard disk although it was not set on BIOS. Redo all installation steps.
After restart, go to BIOS and enable all hard disk. Boot normally, no error encountered.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this "install windows 2003 on HP Compaq dx2700" its been a great help for me.

Thank you very much!!!

Anonymous said...

I install successed. Thank you very much