Thursday, January 24, 2008

Can't use remote desktop for Oracle EBS 11i installation

Yesterday I was installing a new instance on training server. I was installing a vision demo for user training. I used remote desktop provided by MS Windows to connect to the server. I ran the installation and then it failed when starting database listener.
Then I tried to use VNC. There is a free version available on www.realvnc.com. I installed VNC server on the server and VNC viewer on my PC. I also removed files created from failed intallation, I also removed the oracle entries from windows registry.
I used VNC to connect to server. The installation ran well and successfully.

2 comments:

Remote Support said...

Its so highly informative things are posted in your blog. I was seeking for this type of Desktop related Conference blog that have a fresh and interesting content.
Web Conference

Unknown said...

In-built remote desktop software can be limiting in features. On the other hand, using VNC would require you to open inbound TCP ports for Remote Access, which can compromise security. You could use remote desktop solutions such as RHUB http://www.rhubcom.com that are more advanced in features and allow greater security without the need to change your firewall settings.