Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Creating FSG with beginning, debits, credits, and ending balance report

I have managed to get FSG debit and credit equal to trial balance - summary 1 . I need to calculate debit and credit on FSG first. Note that I was trying to make YTD report and this was done on column set.
Beginning Balance = BAL-Actual (FY Start) amount type.
For FSG Debit Column, I need to create 2 other column first. One for YTD-actual amount type and DR activity on account assignment, say A column. One for BAL-Actual (FY Start) amount type and DR activity on account assingment. This will be B column. Both are not shown. Then the real and shown debit column = A - B.
The same applies to Credit Column with CR activity.
Ending Balance will equal to Beginning Balance + Debit Column - Credit Column.

On the case of PTD report, I can use DR and CR activity directly. But I have to use YTD (-1 offset) on beginning balance and YTD on ending balance. There is no calculation on PTD report.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This was so helpful. I had no idea how to code this FSG. Thank you so much for posting the instructions.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Suresh said...

I Am trying to build a Detail Balance report for PTD and YTD. But i have a problem in the balances.
FOR YTD balances it is showing previous month balances.

FOR Example: for MAY-2012 it is showing APR-2012 balances. would you please help me where i am going wrong....

Suresh said...

I Am trying to build a Detail Balance report for PTD and YTD. But i have a problem in the balances.
FOR YTD balances it is showing previous month balances.

FOR Example: for MAY-2012 it is showing APR-2012 balances. would you please help me where i am going wrong....

Ora said...

@suresh you are probably using -1 for previous year. If you have 13 periods, then use -13.

Unknown said...

Hi,

I am trying to define Trial Balance as Row set as the account assignments with activity dr of all accounts as rows .
In column set I have defined all columns like use PTD-Actual (-1 offset) on beginning balance , debit column as offset 0 credit column as PTD-Actual and for the ending balance Beginning Balance + Debit Column - Credit Column.
The problem is always I am getting credit column as 0 so that by calculations also wrong.
Please help in this regard , its urgent requirement.